CERTIFICATION FOR SPECIALISTS IN DATA AND INFORMATION PRIVACY (CIPP/E)
- Become a specialist in data and information privacy protection with the global certification - Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
CIPP / E makes you a specialist in data privacy protection and all the legal aspects of the new EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will be taught by the experienced IAPP teacher and personal data expert Lars Japp Haslund , who has taught at IAPP certifications for JUC a number of times and has guided all our participants safely through the material. With a CIPP / E certification, you get a certification in the global industry standard within personal data. You thus get the necessary tools to be able to work with privacy programs in your own or others' organization. When you are certified CIPP / E, you have a paper stating that you are completely up to date in the field of personal data law and have operational skills ind the field.
Among other things, you will be able to advise others in areas such as information security, marketing, IT, compliance and product development.
You will achieve:
- A global certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP / E)
- Paper that you are completely up to date in the field of personal data law and can work with it in practice
- The necessary tools for working with privacy programs in your own or others' business
- Knowledge to advise others in areas such as information security, marketing, IT, Compliance and product development
- Access to a wide range of online material, so you can stay up to date in the field
The EU's new data protection regulation imposes stricter requirements on companies and public authorities to have control over personal data and security. At the same time, privacy is increasingly becoming a competitive factor, both for lawyers advising in the field, but also for companies, suppliers, authorities and others who take personal data seriously. If you do not have control over personal data in the future, it can have serious consequences - not least due to the new higher fine limits that come with the new personal data regulation. With a certification from JUC and IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals), you are guaranteed a training course and a certification in the global standard in privacy, which - as the only one in the world - is certified according to ISO 17024: 2012. After the certification you get proof that you are a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP / E). CIPP / E focuses on law and all the legal aspects of the EU Data Protection Regulation. You get proof that you are a leader in personal data and are a specialist in personal data law. In the course, we will discuss the various European and national data protection laws, key terminology in the field of data protection and protection of personal data and cross-border data flows.
Over 2 days and 11 modules, you are introduced to the world of personal data:
- Module 1: Data Protection Laws - Introduces key European data protection laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution towards a Harmonized European Legislative Framework.
- Module 2: Personal Data - Defines and differentiates between types of data, including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
- Module 3: Controllers and Processors - Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
- Module 4: Processing Personal Data - Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles, Explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
- Module 5: Data Subjects 'Rights’ - Describes data subjects' rights, applications of rights and obligations controller and processor.
- Module 6: Information provision - Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and Supervisory Authorities.
- Module 7: Cross-border Data Transfers - Outlines options and obligations for data transfer outside the European Economic Area, Decisions adequacy and appropriateness safeguards and derogations.
- Module 8: Compliance considerations - Discusses the applications of European data protection law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice, employers-including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, Internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
- Module 9: Security or Processing - Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for Ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
- Module 10: Accountability - Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
- Module 11: Supervisions and Enforcement - Describes the role, powers and procedures or Supervisory Authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
To become certified, you must book time for the certification test after the 2 teaching days at JUC. The test is a computer-based, multiple choice test. There are 90 questions in total and you have 2.5 hours to answer them. The test must be physically taken in a safe Pearson VUE test center. There are several centers located in Aarhus, Odense and the greater Copenhagen area . To maintain your certification, you must continuously train in personal data and collect 20 CPE points every two years. For example, you can achieve these points by taking a number of JUC GDPR courses. Read more about CPE points here.
The course is taught exclusively in English and in a live online interactive format, where you can both ask questions and talk with teachers and participants.
CIPP / E is for you who are a Privacy Professional and who use, process or maintain data. You are e.g., a lawyer, corporate lawyer or employee of a public authority. You typically advise in personal data within e.g. compliance, IT or HR and your titles can also be DPO, Information Officer, Compliance Officer, Human Resource Officer.
You get access to a electronic compendium, which you should have read before the lesson. In addition, you will be given relevant teaching material on the day.
The course can be approved as compulsory continuing education for lawyers.
Kurset er godkendt af IAPP
Kurset er godkendt af International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). Det betyder at det lever op til det højeste kvalitetsniveau for efteruddannelse inden for persondata. Som certificeret inden for persondata (se her) kan du optjene CPE point (continuing privacy education) ved at deltage på JUC aktiviteter.