Compliance – internal investigations
Most companies and organisations, large or small, will at some point need to face allegations about breaches of law or other wrongdoings. The scope and subject matter of the investigations can be very different, ranging from trivial investigations into more complex investigations covering business partners and authorities.
An investigation is often a first step in a longer process and in this way, investigations can support the business moving forward in practical and legal terms. At the same time, investigations often give rise to ethical and complicated disciplinary criminal law issues, which must be dealt with inhouse or in cooperation with external counsel.
An increasing number of companies and organisations have put in place whistleblower hotlines, which has resulted in a greater number of reports of wrongdoings. This course will provide you with the basic tools and knowledge needed to put in place internal investigations.
Key takeaways from the course:
- When and how to start an internal investigation
- Understanding the legal framework
- Managing and planning an internal investigation
- Dos and don’ts when conducting interviews
- How to analyse documentation, including email searches
- What advanced e-discovery and forensic tools are and when you need to consider using them
- How to summarise and document your findings
- Deciding on and applying sanctions
- How to avoid similar wrongdoings in the future
- When to involve external assistance, including forensic assistance and legal advice
The course covers the following areas within internal investigations:
- Organisation and initiation of internal investigations, incl. internal defence lines
- Intake of reports
- Typical matters to be investigated
- Whistleblower hotline and other reporting tools
- Allocation of cases
- Confidentiality and anonymity considerations
- Legal privilege
- Investigative interviewing
- Accessing data and documentation, including GDPR, cloud regulation and secrecy rules etc.
- Software and online solutions for internal investigations, including artificial intelligence solutions
- Reviewing findings
The course is designed for compliance managers, legal counsels and lawyers with an interest in the compliance discipline.
Form of teaching
The course is interactive and includes practical examples and cases. The course is conducted in English.
You will need to read a brief case story before the course.
The course is well linked with the other course "Compliance – third party due dilligence", and it makes sense to participate both days if you need a comprehensive compliance toolbox.
Kurset kan godkendes som obligatorisk efteruddannelse for advokater.
Skriv mig op
Kurset er afholdt. Vil du have besked, når der åbnes for tilmelding igen? Klik på ”Skriv mig op” herunder og udfyld felterne.
Tirsdag d. 3. december 2019
Kl. 09:30 – 16:00
1620 København V
Pris Ekskl. Moms
Vil du holdes opdateret på indholdet?