Fundamentals & Compliance - Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is more important than ever and the value it generates is extensive and has been well documented for years. Society, people, and investors are asking for change now.
Your benefits after participating at this course:
- Knowledge on how to play a key role in strengthening Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in your workplace
- Legal knowledge and insights which enables you to ensure compliance, continuous improvement and working strategically with Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Obtain high-level understanding and awareness of the value and importance of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Supporting tools making it feasible to work with the subject in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt
- Gives you the opportunity to set a new agenda for your employer
Unlike before, external developments now require that companies pro-actively demonstrate that they have systems in place to effectively manage their Equality, Diversity & Inclusion impacts. With the current rate this agenda is moving, it will for many not even be possible to achieve the Sustainable Development goals by 2030. Also, many organisations do not currently know how they must ensure compliance within this field.
It is time to act and focus if you want to be able to drive the necessary sustainable change. Accordingly, during this course you will learn the basics and how to ensure compliance with expected minimum requirements regarding Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Socially Responsible commitments. You will gain insights into global Equality of Opportunities - an essential component for promoting Diversity and Inclusion at the workplace and the right to Equality in employment.
Employers and workers are both key stakeholders in ensuring greater workplace Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion and the course will thus also go over how to effectively engage with local as well as global stakeholders.
Latterly, the course will give you a renewed focus on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and how it is essential to business success.
The course covers the following areas of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
- Legal requirements and international trends
- Global commitments, internal policies, and procedures
- Establishing an overview of your stakeholders
- Dilemmas and tools
- Findings, high risks, and mitigating actions
- Build up abilities to mitigate and challenge decisions and enabling better decision
- Implementation, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement
- Internal and external communication and annual reporting of continuous improvements
- The importance of advocacy, transparency, and impact
- Having workers that ensures full compliance, identify strategic initiatives, identify, assess & mitigate potential risks, and make sure to continuously improve
- Gaining inclusive leaders and people managers who are committed to building diverse teams with complementary strengths
- In-house champions who can convey the importance of gender balance, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Having leaders and workers who understands the crucial interplay between Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion to achieve stronger results and impact
The course applies to professionals and leaders, who are responsible for Diversity & Inclusion strategies. Legal counsel, lawyers, and compliance managers who shall advice and ensure compliance with Equality, Diversity & Inclusion implementation and follow up. Equally, the course applies in general to all people managers and employees in vocational training and behavioral education.
Form of teaching
The course introduces legal aspects and alternates between regulation, dilemma cases, interactive sessions, exchange of experience and tools. The course is conducted in English.
You will gain access to the course presentation and other relevant information through JUC’s online portal.
Kurset kan godkendes som obligatorisk efteruddannelse for advokater.