Legal Project Management
– your toolbox for adapting to a changing legal market
For the first time in Denmark you now have the opportunity to participate in a workshop in the internationally acknowleged Legal Project Management (LPM) method.
LPM is highly relevant because the market for legal services has changed significantly in recent years: from a sellers´ market to a buyers´ market where clients require "more for less". Legal Project Management is an internationally established method for managing legal matters that gives you tools for providing more client value at better predictable costs and for working more efficiently.
This workshop gives you hands-on tools from the LPM toolbox that allow you to:
- Ask your clients high-value questions that enable you to define the scope of a legal matter more precisely
- Manage your clients´ expectations better
- Plan your work and estimate time and costs better and control costs
- Identify and manage legal risks and communicate them in a client-focused way
- Keep clients, colleagues and staff informed effectively
- Build in feedback-loops in your work for continuous improvement
The workshop will cover the basics of Legal Project Management and follow the life-cycle of legal projects:
- Introduction to Legal Project Management, different roles in a legal project, the 4 phases of each project.
- Phase 1: Initiation – high-value questions, stakeholder mapping, scoping dialogue, project charter/engagement letter
- Phase 2: Planning – iron triangle, Work Breakdown Structure, estimating time, managing dependencies
- Phase 3: Execution – risk management, Kanban-boards, effective project meetings, cost control
- Phase 4: Closure – successful delivery, evaluation with clients, lessons learned with team
- Common pitfalls in legal projects and best-practice behaviours for legal project managers
This workshop is for all lawyers who give legal advice to organisations – inhouse or law firm, small teams or big teams, partner or associate, general counsel or legal counsel – regardless of the area of law that they practice. If you want to improve the value you provide to your clients while at the same time keeping costs under control or a good profitability and a good work-life balance, this course is for you.
The course material will include the general principles and best practices of Legal Project Management as well as checklists and templates.
Kurset kan godkendes som obligatorisk efteruddannelse for advokater.
Skriv mig op
Kurset er afholdt. Vil du have besked, når der åbnes for tilmelding igen? Klik på ”Skriv mig op” herunder og udfyld felterne.
Torsdag d. 7. november 2019
Kl. 09:00 – 17:00
1620 København V
Pris Ekskl. Moms
Vil du holdes opdateret på indholdet?