Managing within Danish Employment Law
This one-day course provides delegates with an understanding of key areas of Danish employment law. The course will be beneficial to non- Danish speaking HR professionals. This course will give delegates a strong understanding of the main principles of employment law in Denmark, to enable you to reach sound management decisions in line with legislation thus avoiding the risk of potentially costly infringements. The course will also look at best practice in the employment relationship.
By completing this course delegates will have :
- Knowledge to handle the legal aspects of recruiting and drafting employment contracts
- Deeper insight into the key areas of employment law and be able to apply this knowledge to the workplace
- Key tools to deal with absence management
- An understanding of when disciplinary action should be considered and how to handle disciplinary situations
- Tools to handle termination of employment to avoid unjust dismissals
- An overview of holiday law in Denmark aspects of the new rules, practical handling etc.
The topics for the course include:
- Recruitment and contracts of employment- forming the employment relationship and contracts of employment
- Restrictive covenants in Denmark
- Disciplinary action, understanding how to handle disciplinary issues
- Managing absence
- Termination of employment and concluding settlement agreements
- Holidays - notification, transfer, payment and holiday barriers as well as obligations in relation to the Labor Market Holiday Fund
The course is aimed at international HR professionals who want an understanding of current legal obligations and best practice in the field of HR and employment law.
The form of teaching for this course will consist of, among other things:
- Cases studies
- The course alternates between theory, practice and case solution, and great emphasis is placed on the exchange of experiences between the participants and the teacher.
You can access the course presentation and other relevant material through JUC's online material portal.
Kurset kan godkendes som obligatorisk efteruddannelse for advokater.